Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Matriux Beta 1 - Lithium | USB Install  (Read 10881 times)
viralnexxus

"They have the internet on computers now?"

« on: January 12, 2010, 04:13:20 PM »

I just wanted to get a quick post out here for people wanting to install Matriux on their Pen\Flash drive.  Keep in mind that this is not a tried and true method of installing to USB, nor is it the only way of doing it either.  This is just the way that I did it, quickly and successfully.  I used an 8GB Cruzer on a Vista-x64 OS with uNetbootin.  Here is the quick 'n' dirty:
1)  Download the Matriux ISO.
2)  Grab a copy of the latest version of uNetbootin (google it).
3)  Double Click and run uNetbootin.
4)  Choose the "Diskimage" option from the menu.
5)  Click the "Browse" button on the right and locate your Matriux.ISO to select it as your "Diskimage."
6)  Now pay CLOSE attention and choose the "Drive Letter" that your USB stick is connected to. ( mine was E: ). ***NOTE*** If your USB stick isn't listed on the default "Driver Letter" or any other for that matter, tick the box "Show All Drives" to find it.  Don't do like I did after a weekend binge drinking and choose the wrong one, lest it erase your C:\ Drive or something like that.  Cheesy
7)  Okay, so finally "Click" on "Ok" to let uNetbootin work it's magic. (hopefully with NO errors).
Cool  Last step for real this time.  Restart your PC and "Boot" to your USB stick, and that should load up your shiny new Matriux OS options menu.  ***One last NOTE here.  If your PC doesn't boot to your USB automatically you will have to either press one of the "F1 - F12" buttons to enter your BIOS and change your "Boot Device Order" to load USB first, OR.....if you don't want to mess with your BIOS choose the "F1-F12" button that takes you directly to your "Boot Device Options Menu."
I apologize in advance for "holding your hand" through this common and easy process, but I am just a very thorough guy by nature.  lol.  I think it's because I work as a PC Technician I am just used to people wanting as much detail as possible.   Lips Sealed
Cheers,
-VB

One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man.

-Elbert Hubbard, The Roycroft Dictionary and Book of Epigrams, 1923

Author Topic: Matriux Beta 1 - Lithium | USB Install (Read 10881 times)
L30
Team Lead
RegMem

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 10:41:46 PM »

Thanks for a useful post here viralnexxus  Smiley

viralnexxus

"They have the internet on computers now?"

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 06:43:09 AM »

NO problem! I have high hopes for this distro and see so much potential in it so I want anyone interested in using it to be able to install it with ease. 

One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man.

-Elbert Hubbard, The Roycroft Dictionary and Book of Epigrams, 1923

Matriux Admin
Team Lead
RegMem

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 08:25:12 PM »

The password is toor (it is the reverse of root)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: