KDE (only)
Gnome (only)
Xfce (only)
KDE & Gnome
Include all available
Others
Openbox
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Desktop Window Option - KDE, Gnome, Xfce or a combo?  (Read 24625 times)
Kijjite

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 01:56:10 AM »

You have GNOME and KDE too? I use the two as one with Backtrack. So, this will work in BT also? Where are links for this interface for KDE/GNOME? I would enjoy to try. Smiley

Author Topic: Desktop Window Option - KDE, Gnome, Xfce or a combo?(Read 24625 times)
L30
Team Lead
RegMem

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 11:03:27 AM »

we just have GNOME for now and are not considering a KDE for the time. what do you mean to run in BT ? -Matriux is a complete Operating System distribution  . Download found in the download page of the website

Author Topic: Desktop Window Option - KDE, Gnome, Xfce or a combo?(Read 24625 times)
willhackforfood

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2012, 04:18:37 PM »

I wanna say Gnome since i've been a fan for many years but i hate gnome 3. I'm actually not a fan of where the desktop is heading in general with its mobile phone type of interface. Seems unnecessary and in no way more productive to me. It's just kinda pretty and i'm not interested in candy. I honestly can't imagine why anybody would want or need all that crap in a pentesting environment.I just wanna get my work done efficiently. That said, if were talking about new versions of these desktops I guess my vote would be for XFCE since its pretty clean and lightweight. I think a fair option would be to offer something like Gnome or KDE along with XFCE and you could satisfy alot more people. PEACE

P.S i nearly lost my lunch the first time i tried Unity. Total crap as far as im concerned.

deadmx

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2012, 02:43:53 PM »

Hi guys, openbox and lxde  Tongue

magic

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 10:16:32 AM »

gnome

portaro
RegMem

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 04:44:47 PM »

I test the ISO and the Gnome present is version 2.30... , so the new Matriux is not anymore based on Ubuntu but only on Debian, i dont like Gnome 3 i like Gnome 2 and this is the desktop of new Matriux EC-Centric.

The Xfce is a good alternative also, i have problems in live mode with wicd i unknow what is the problem affect my wireless but i cant run the conection and its impossible configure with ifconfig, there are a privileges i cant understand.

xmid

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2013, 09:32:28 AM »

Hello, folks - my first non-hello_world post:

Personally, I say all options avail, and only active when called upon, so to speak. I like the idea of having the  option, just not the concept of bloat during runtime.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: