Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: live usb ntfs error  (Read 3854 times)
abaddon

« on: February 21, 2014, 07:49:47 PM »

hello, I am not sure if this has been covered, I couldn't find anything about it, I apologize if this is a duplicate.  I used unetbootin to create a live usb as I have done in the past with other distros, but when I get past the grub screen asking for start live, install, etc.  I get an error saying that my ntfs partition is in use (hibernated) and the boot up stops.  I then went into windows and made sure I had completely shut down, and tried again to the same result.  I then created a live usb of another distro to see if that would work and it did.  I am not sure how to bypass this problem, I am not trying to install, just run live.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, I haven't seen this one before.

also, I am pretty sure I put this in the wrong spot, sorry about that mods.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 08:01:12 PM by abaddon »Logged

Author Topic: live usb ntfs error(Read 3854 times)
abaddon

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 06:38:27 PM »

no ideas? has anyone run into a similar problem with another distro maybe?

L30
Team Lead
RegMem

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 08:04:52 PM »

Specs of the hardware you are using ? and the size of USB?

also if you could give us some more like screenshots that would also help

abaddon

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 08:37:47 PM »

I cannot provide a screenshot as the error is occurring before boot, but the error is approximately as stated in the first post.  I am trying to run on a dell inspiron 15r 5537 on a 16 gb usb, i also tried on an 8 gig to the same result.  The problem is probably with my system, I had a hell of a time dual booting when I first got it, apparently microsoft just won't let things be easy for us.  but my confusion is that I resolved that, and now I haven't had any similar problems with any other distro.

L30
Team Lead
RegMem

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 12:53:00 PM »

Good that you got it resolved.

If you face any issues in future let us know, quick way tweet @matriuxtig3r or mail : report@matriux.com

I know it takes 3-5 days to get a reply on forums but if you get back on twitter or mail, I will make sure to get back in 24 hours

Boruto

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 12:22:22 AM »

Same as But thank you for...

Paulus

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 10:40:29 AM »

I cannot provide a screenshot as the error is occurring before boot, but the error is approximately as stated in the first post.  I am trying to run on a dell inspiron 15r 5537 on a 16 gb usb, i also tried on an 8 gig to the same result.  The problem is probably with my system, I had a hell of a time dual booting when I first got it, apparently microsoft just won't let things be easy for us.  but my confusion is that I resolved that, and now I haven't had any similar problems with any other distro.

Can you share the solution? I'm having a similar issue, if not the same.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: