Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: installing Ec-Centric to persistent USB drive  (Read 5821 times)
corvus

« on: October 29, 2013, 11:17:43 PM »

I want to put a full Ec-Centric install on a USB stick (i.e. not live USB).  Has anyone done this before?  This is very simple with most distros but Matriux doesn't want to cooperate.  I think maybe it's got something to do with a botched grub install, as the drive is being populated with OS files but the screen freezes up for about 20 seconds on bootup before falling back to the internal HD and its bootloader/OS.  Manual grub install didn't help, same symptoms.

Author Topic: installing Ec-Centric to persistent USB drive(Read 5821 times)
L30
Team Lead
RegMem

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 09:38:33 AM »

Matriux is widely supported by many USB live creating software like LinuxLive USB, yumi and many others officially.

I had personally used it through USB. if you can elaborate the errors we can help you out!

corvus

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 02:02:46 AM »

I created a live USB using unetbootin and fired up a laptop.  When live Matriux loaded it saw the laptop's hard drive (sda), the live USB drive (sdb) and the USB stick I'm installing to (sdc).  Using the GUI disk utility I give the USB stick a ~13GB ext3 partition with bootable and ownership flags.  Then I ran the Matriux install wizard, telling it to install the OS to /dev/sdc1, grub to /dev/sdc, along with typical user and localization settings.  Then the installer does its thing, copies files etc. and everything appears normal.

Then I shut the system down and pull the live USB out to try and boot from the persistent USB.  The system posts normally but does not load Matriux.  I was initially getting a blank screen for about 20 seconds before Windows boots, but after rerunning the steps I now get "No operating system found".  I also tried the command line grub-install but that made no difference.  As far as I can tell the internal HD was not touched and booting with neither USB plugged in starts up Windows normally.

Cristobail

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 12:21:27 AM »

The last track is very good. I shared a post on it.

Charlotte_Haltmen

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 11:17:38 AM »

Hello, I'm new to this and would like advice on downloading Matriux En centric. Help?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: