Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Installed Matriux Ec-Centric on an HP Elitebook 6930p  (Read 6025 times)
Kool-aid

« on: September 22, 2013, 05:27:03 PM »

ALL COMMANDS HAD TO BE RUN IN ROOT TERMINAL TO WORK

So far the only problem I have is the wireless.  When the OS would start up, it would ask me for a password to access the wlan nic. I would put in the password and it would error saying that wicd could not be run in root mode. So I opened up preferences and disabled the WICD in the startup programs so that this annoying error wouldn't keep popping up.

I downloaded and, somehow Smiley, installed the driver. then it still wouldn't come up. The adapter wouldn't show up in ifconfig but it would in iwconfig. So  I knew that the adapter was installed. I did an ifconfig wlan1 up and it showed up. But still no wireless.

So next I thought if there was an error with the wicd starting up then maybe its causing wlan to not come on completely to find wifi. I tried to start the wicd control panel and would get the same error that  Iwould get when it starts up?  So I restarted. Wlan1 no where to be found. So I opened up terminal ran "ifconfig wlan1 up" then for fun "wicd". Boom

I can now open up the wicd control panel to try to connect to an access point. Done deal I have wireless.

But I have to do this every time I start the OS. I tried creating a startup script that would do this for me but I'm a noob at batch scripts with Linux. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated on how to get my script to work. Here is the current code. I googled it and it look really easy to do.

#! /bin/bash

ifconfig wlan1 up

wicd

I and then from terminal ran chmode 755 to make it executable. I run it and nothing happens?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 05:44:37 PM by Kool-aid »Logged

Author Topic: Installed Matriux Ec-Centric on an HP Elitebook 6930p(Read 6025 times)
L30
Team Lead
RegMem

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 01:29:18 AM »

I hope you fixed it by now,  right? (tweet)

Author Topic: Installed Matriux Ec-Centric on an HP Elitebook 6930p(Read 6025 times)
ruddri

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 11:55:46 PM »

Location is good but if there are a lot more than me.

Sarajoesen

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 02:49:17 AM »

I was waiting for a reply Your like.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: