Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: [fix]Matriux problems with apps!  (Read 14269 times)
Thermo44

« on: March 03, 2012, 03:02:22 AM »

Hello!

I love all the job done to make this Distro, also the way the site looks and "feels".

Now, a few questions,  is Synaptic there to install programs, what made me think that the Distro is capable to have a proper install for other programs not included out of the box.

First program I tried is VLC, you know, to play some pen-testing videos, among other stuff.

Just crushed my system, well freeze all, and never come back, tried again, and same stuff happened. So I cannot really be sure what's going on.

Can you tell me if there is a possibility to install programs?  
If so, do I need to change something?

By the way... Is so god damn fast, the fastest Distro I have ever used since a long time!

I've been using Backbox because of the possibility to be a every day Distro, BT is very problematic to install stuff too. And this Distro is based on Debian so I am pretty excited about it.

Thanks for your hardwork guys!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 11:21:22 AM by L30 »Logged

Author Topic: [fix]Matriux problems with apps!(Read 14269 times)
L30
Team Lead
RegMem

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 12:15:46 PM »

yes there is a synaptic ...fire it up by typing synaptic in terminal

revert back if you face problems

And thank you for your feedback ! (will help us build better)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 12:23:04 PM by L30 »Logged

Thermo44

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 02:49:07 AM »

Thanks!!

Yes I revert the installation in synaptic and installed again VLC, but the problem is the same, if I run VLC i the API works and looks fine, but trying to play a video, is the problem. freezes the computer, Going to try again.  in another computer, the computer was a dell e5420 (i5, hd3000, 4gbRam).

L30
Team Lead
RegMem

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 11:19:39 AM »

The problem i thought was due to dependencies ...but looking that you installed from synaptic means there is some other problem for sure...!!

Is it happening only when you are playing a particular file or particular extension?

Can you run a system monitor and check the CPU usage and others while running VLC

Thermo44

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 04:10:52 PM »

I'm going to check CPU usage and report back, the extension of the files, does not matter, checked doing reboots with al least one .mp4(from internet), one .mov(Digital Tutors), and one I believe .wmv(the video example of windows).

Is there a tool or app to check where the errors come from?

Thanks in advance!

L30
Team Lead
RegMem

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 12:36:06 AM »

I just wondered if codecs were the issue ..so stated about the extensions

Thermo44

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 09:34:09 AM »

Hello!

I don't know if this is going to help, but here we go... I've try to install the Distro in another laptop, for now I have tested a Dell latitude e5420, latitude e6320 (both almost new) in those cannot even get it to boot in graphic mode, Some dependencies and a little message saying mismatch in memory and already used... ( Later on I'll try to comeback and tell about the whole message). Cry

A Dell latitude e6510, i5 first gen. Nvidia 3100m. boots, but same stuff when I try to install software.
Crash my system and nothing else.

Now I just got a Dell Precision m4400, going to check what happens... It's a little old C2D so hopefully no surprises there.

Tell me if you want some specific info to comeback and post.

Wish you success guys! and Happy Days!

L30
Team Lead
RegMem

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 12:05:09 PM »

I worked on dell latitude e6320 and it worked fine can you get back to us with a exact message and the steps you followed and the point where you faced the issues, so that we can help you out.

Thanks for letting us know ..we will try to check with the other models

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: