Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Matriux source code  (Read 8125 times)
erkant

« on: January 16, 2012, 12:05:24 PM »

Is there source code of Matriux available somewhere? I know that it is combination of some tools, but I just want to see the whole source code of the OS. Also is there any guide how to build an .iso file for the OS from its source code?

Author Topic: Matriux source code(Read 8125 times)
L30
Team Lead
RegMem

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 09:01:37 PM »

Since you already know that it is a combination of tools and all the tools being opensource you can find their source codes on their respective websites ( Check the arsenal page and you will find the links to the source of the tools).

Regarding the OS, it is just a build upon Debian with a custom compiled kernel and a custom Installer called MID, source for MID is already in the build (or find it on our sourceforge page) and regarding the kernel compilation I have posted a tutorial on my blog (you can find it with a easy google query).

Making ISO involves many ways,

1. Remastersys
2. Debian Live project
3. LinuxLive Scripts
4. Linux from Scratch

Google search for them and you can get information on it!

If you need further help feel free to post!

If you think your query goes off-topic please mail me!

erkant

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 09:39:40 AM »

I just wanted to have the whole source code of Matriux OS, and learn have to build an .iso file from it.

L30
Team Lead
RegMem

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 01:38:04 PM »

I think I have answered your question, if you understand what "source code" means!

erkant

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 02:03:12 PM »

I understand what source code means, but it seems like you don't understand what I ask. I don't want to visit all the websites and download the source code of the applications, nor the MID, custom kernel or stuff. I want all of them in one place, so an .iso file can be build form it. Simply, all the things that you had before building the .iso file for Matriux, I want all of them in one place. I bet you already have something like that.

L30
Team Lead
RegMem

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 04:26:22 PM »

That would be what you get after installing Matriux on your harddisk.... (and that's I have before making the ISO)

unitedlove

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 05:09:54 AM »

I DO BELIEVE SOURCE CODE MEANS TO SHOW THE WAY THE PROGRAM HAS BEEN WRITTEN (into one programming language) .

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: